Longest Rock

This pick is different than all my other picks. I am going against my "rules". Normally I have total number of songs that equal up to about a CD length. I make most of my  comps about that size. I have a few that are a cassette size in length (so about 90 minutes.) This pick is completely different. This one is only 17 tracks, but is four hours and forty-eight minutes long in one zipped file. They go from just over nine minutes long to over forty-three minutes long. These are my favorite long songs. Lynyrd Skynyrd starts us off and we end with Jethro Tull. Lots of rock, much of it prog. I know there are other songs that would fit on this, but this is my pick. I tried not to have live tracks. Otherwise a bunch of Grateful Dead or Allman Brothers might have made it on. No disco, no funk. No Funkadelic. Sorry. That might have to be another volume. I can just picture Isaac Hayes and Eddie Hazel-Funkadelic tracks. But I didn't do it yet.

Longest Rock

01 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
02 Outlaws - Green Grass & High Tides
03 Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain-Closer To Home
04 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Heard it Through The Grapevine
05 Led Zeppelin - In My Time Of Dying
06 Elton John - Funeral For A Friend (Love Lies Bleeding)
07 Bob Dylan - Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands
08 Doors - The End
09 Deep Purple - April
10 Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile
11 Iron Butterfly - In A Gadda Da Vida
12 Velvet Underground - Sister Ray
13 Rush - 2112
14 Yes - The Gates of Delirium
15 Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-9)
16 Emerson Lake & Palmer - Karn Evil 9
17 Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Full)

No comments:

Post a Comment