War Family Pick

I had been listening to quite a bit of the band War when I made this pick. Lots of great artists in this band, but only three recorded anything outside of the band. So I split it up. Some of each. Eric Burdon was the lead singer for a year or so and he had some great hits. In fact the two biggest with War are included here. He also was in the Animals and on his own. Some of my favorites on here. Lee Oskar was the first in the band to have a solo album. His one hit off that is on here, plus a few others I really like from the solo stuff he put out. You can hear his harmonica sounds. Lonnie Jordan, vocals and keys, had three solo albums and an appearance on a tribute album. I have tracks from each. He didn't have any "hits" but there are some that should have been. They are good. Either way it's a great companion collection to all of the other stuff War put out. Go to Butterboy's amazing site and listen to their entire discography. If you have only heard the hits, do yourself a favor and listen to the Good Stuff.

War Family Pick

01 Lee Oskar - BLT
02 Lonnie Jordan - Never Can Say Goodbye
03 Eric Burdon and War - Tobacco Road
04 Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
05 Lonnie Jordan - Get Down
06 Lee Oskar - Before The Rain
07 Lee Oskar - Feeling Happy
08 Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
09 Lee Oskar - Sunshine Keri
10 Lonnie Jordan - Grey Rainy Days
11 Lee Oskar - My Road
12 Lonnie Jordan - Fine Foxy Lady
13 Animals - House of the Rising Sun
14 Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
15 Eric Burdon - When I Was Young
16 Lonnie Jordan - Junkie To My Music

No comments:

Post a Comment