Ése

I have been listening to quite a bit of the band War and was thinking of other songs that fit with them and came up with this "Mixtape" pick. You could put this into a Cinco De Mayo party or mix it with any of my Exitos compilations. But I decided it should just be in the mixtape category. I sort of viewed it like Wah? or WTF?! or Hit The Spot or even Feel Like It. It has two War related tracks that fit in, but also some lesser known bands mixed in with the Santana, Mandrill, Tower Of Power and Malo. One of the ones that I really think fits in is Southern California's Mestizo Beat. But try finding their recordings. Impossible. But they are cool and some label should put their stuff out. I lived in Canoga for awhile so that hits me close. By the way, for those of you who don't know the title (Ése) is sort of slang for "Dude" so that struck me as a great title for this.

Ése

01 Lee Oskar - BLT
02 Harlem River Drive - Idle Hands
03 Mandrill - Fencewalk
04 Pride - Come On, Get Dancing
05 Jungle Fire - Comencemos
06 War - War Is Coming! War Is Coming!
07 Tower Of Power - Walkin' Up Hip Street
08 Senor Soul - Don't Lay Your Funky Trip On Me
09 Funkool Orchestra - Latin Freak
10 Mestizo Beat - Canoga Madness
11 Azteca - Mamita Linda
12 Carl 'Sherlock' Holmes - Modesa
13 Malo - Nena
14 Santana - Dance Sister Dance (Baila Mi Hermana)
15 Chango - Mira Pa 'Ca
16 Bobby Rodriguez - Recuerdos De Arcano
17 Ray Barretto - Acid

No comments:

Post a Comment