Jeff Beck Pick 2 (Guest)

This part two of the Jeff Beck pick features Jeff mostly as a guest axe man. I told you yesterday about how I got interested in Jeff Beck and that I saw him live many times. Solo. With Jan Hammer. And lots of solo. Never as a guest. Too bad, I would have loved to see him in the studio playing for anyone of the following, but especially Kate Bush. Never happened. But what did happen is that he came in to eat at the restaurant I was a waiter at. Fancy place in a hotel in downtown San Jose. I recognized him and knew he was playing, but he was seated in someone else's section. I traded a couple of tables for his table (and I had to do sidework for another waiter that evening. I didn't mind. But I was too busy and too wanting to be cool that I barely acknowledged him. I didn't get an autograph. It was before cell phones, so no selfie. I just slightly gushed and then just served him as best I could while he and his dinner partner talked business. I should have done more than shake his hand, but I didn't. Darn. You probably thought it was going to be a better story. Sorry. He was cool though. And they tipped well.

Jeff Beck Pick 2 (Guest)

19 Ozzy Osbourne Featuring Jeff Beck - Patient Number 9
20 ZZ Top - Hey Mr. Millionaire
21 Diana Ross - Missing You
22 Cozy Powell - Cat Moves
23 Rod Stewart - Infatuation
24 Kate Bush - You're The One
25 Stevie Wonder - Lookin For Another Pure Love
26 Tina Turner - Private Dancer
27 Malcolm Mclaren With The Bootzilla Orchestra - House Of The Blue Danube
28 Mick Jagger - Just Another Night
29 Roger Waters - The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range
30 Stanley Clarke - Hello Jeff
31 Narada Michael Walden - Saint And The Rascal
32 Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
33 Vanilla Fudge - Mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment