Huh?

Out of my many mixtape picks, this one may be the most thought provoking. Because, why? Huh? Do those songs actually go together? The answer is yes. They do. A little of everything mixed to make a cocktail of music that you would not put next to each other and yet it kind of works. At least in my mind it works. I've listened to this over and over. And at least one song, but probably more than half, do not belong on here or at least not next to each other. But I love the way it sounds. I hope you listen to this one multiple times and that it grows on you like it has me. Even Pikotari. They all have a lovely strangenesss to them.

Huh?

01 Storm Large with Dave Navarro - Ladylike
02 Sonic Surf City - Drivin In My Saab
03 Laika & the Cosmonauts - Delayrium
04 The Jackofficers - Time Machines (Pt. 1)
05 Coati Mundi - Que Pasa-Me No Pop I
06 Fad Gadget - Collapsing New People (Berlin Mix)
07 Alien Sex Fiend - I Walk the Line
08 The Jesus And Mary Chain - Surfin' USA
09 Pat and Mick - On the Night
10 A Certain Ratio - Shack Up (radio edit)
11 Pixies - Evil Hearted You
12 Gichy Dan - Cowboys and Gangsters
13 Echo & The Bunnymen - Ticket To Ride
14 Klaus Nomi - You Don't Own Me
15 Gene Loves Jezebel - Desire
16 Luxuria - Public Highway
17 Lesley Gore - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
18 Pikotaro - PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) (Long Version)
19 Lush - Bitter
20 Tuxedomoon - 19th Nervous Breakdown
21 Stranglers - (Get A) Grip (On Yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment