UTC

There is no real rhyme or reason for this mixtape pick. But to give it a slight nod to legitimacy I called it UTC. That stands for Coordinated Universal Time. Why they didn't call it CUT, I'll never understand. But just like that dilemna this pick of songs is stuff I have wanted to use on one compilation or another, but just didn't use. Or just a song I liked that didn't fit on anything before. Or I just added it because I wanted to. The Beach Boys and Urban Dance Squad didn't make it onto Slow Poof, but I liked then. The Beatles and the Beach Boys cover I just liked. Harry Nilsson kind of fit in. Michael Franks might show up on a camera comp later. Several of the lounge and exotica tracks, as well as the new wave tracks I just wanted to add to round it out. I'm sticking with that time line, even if I am off by three seconds.

UTC

01 This Mortal Coil - Drugs
02 The Markko Polo Adventurers - Rain In Rangoon
03 Bill Laswell - Beyond The Zero
04 Beach Boys - All I Wanna Do
05 Anubian Lights - Grid Coordinate-Vorp One
06 Beatles - Here, There And Everywhere
07 Urban Dance Squad - Deeper Shade Of Soul
08 British Electric Foundation featuring Shingai Shoniwa - God Only Knows
09 Harry Nilsson - Puppy Song
10 Voice Farm - Johnny Belinda
11 Girl Talk - In Step
12 Blue Clocks Green - Hemingway (12 Version)
13 Michael Franks - Popsicle Toes
14 Walter Wanderley - Rain
15 Lounge Lizards - Incident On South Street
16 Jah Wobble and Bill Laswell - Subcode
17 The Residents - The Walrus Hunt
18 Negativland - Time Zones

No comments:

Post a Comment