What's The Connection? Red Light

All songs in this connection with Red and Light in the title. All except or the OMD track does that mean Red Light, for OMD it means a Red Frame and White Light. Oh well, close enough. Nothing about the streets of Amsterdam, although Antwerp has a similar scene. You'll know if you go there. I like the cover with one close up of a red light and many red led lights in front of it. All I can say is if you have Last Exit and Billy Ocean, the sampling is diverse. I especially enjoy 1910 Fruitgum Company next to Todd Rundgren. If nothing else, I have a sense of humor.

What's The Connection? Red Light

01 Billy Ocean - Red Light Spells Danger
02 Legs Diamond - Red Light
03 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Red Frame-White Light
04 Vangelis - Red Lights (feat. Kimura Rieko & Mikamo Yuko)
05 Blackfoot - Left Turn On A Red Light
06 Pillbugs - Red Light Summer
07 Wall Of Voodoo - Red Light
08 Everything But The Girl - Run A Red Light
09 Mitchell Torok - Red Light, Green Light
10 Richard Digance - The Red Lights Of Antwerp
11 Humble Pie - Red Light Mamma, Red Hot!
12 Last Exit - Red Light
13 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1-2-3 Red Light
14 Todd Rundgren - Little Red Lights
15 U2 - Red Light
16 Chris Squire with Billy Sherwood - Red Light Ahead
17 Meat Loaf - Runnin' For The Red Light (I Gotta Life)
18 Kings Of Leon - Red Morning Light

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I didn't know most of these, but an applicable song I DID know is "Red Lights," by a late 70s power pop band called the Marbles:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUnI2W8t884&list=PLFToJRSFyN6yXoHdhXR2t8pFtAEbi8xu_ .
    I also see that there's a pretty good cover (update?) of it by this outfit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APbX69ya7_E .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, as soon as I saw the title I remembered RED LIGHT by Merrill Moore (Country Boogie) 1952
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV9qJ-C4HVM

    ReplyDelete