Major Tom 1

I was fooling around listening to Bowie and Schilling and the cover by Brix Smith and others and thingking that would make a pick outta this world Rocket Man kind of mixtape. I didn't include Blackstar, but I am sure I will in volume two which isn't ready yet, but there is enough here to satiate any fan of Major Tom. I know there have been some rumours that this isn't quite about astronauts, but instead it's about drugs. To you I say, too bad. Lots of Elton John covers, several Bowie and then some other originals in the same theme.

Major Tom 1

01 Plastic Bertrand - Major Tom
02 The Screaming Jets - Rocket Man
03 Bonzo Dog Band - I'm The Urban Spaceman
04 Devo - Human Rocket
05 The Holy Modal Rounders - Mister Spaceman
06 Byrds - Mr. Spaceman
07 Smash Mouth - Space Man
08 Naked Eyes - Rocket Man
09 Journey - Spaceman
10 David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
11 Steve Miller Band - Space Cowboy
12 Elton John - Rocket Man
13 David Bowie - Space Oddity
14 Kate Bush - Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long, Long Time)
15 The Killers - Spaceman
16 Heaven 17 - Rocket Man
17 Brix Smith - Space Oddity
18 Red Elvises - Rocket Man
19 Peter Schilling - Major Tom (Coming Home)
20 Nilsson - Spaceman

2 comments: