Revelio

This compilation is really about my pick of Neofolk. I've been fascinated with it since I discovered Death In June. Which I got for the more industrial sounding songs. But they had complete albums that were anything but. It grew on me and I branched off. This is my first pick of the litter. I called it Revelio because that's a spell in one of the Harry Potter books and it's about uncovering the truth. Seeing what you didn't see before. To me Neofolk is acoustic instruments and a measure of darkness. You tell me if I hit the mark or not.

Revelio

01 Olam Ein Sof - The Arrival
02 Tenhi - Tenhi
03 Agalloch - The Misshapen Steed
04 Brendan Perry - Voyage Of Bran
05 Current 93 - All The Pretty Little Horses
06 Sol Invictus - Believe Me
07 Lustmord - Babel
08 Nature And Organisation - Wicker Man Song
09 Sorrow - Songbird
10 Sopor Aeternus - No-One Is There
11 Of The Wand And The Moon - I Crave For You
12 Ulver - Hoyfjeldsbilde
13 Empyrium - Dying Brokenhearted
14 Forseti - Eismahd
15 Strength Through Joy - A Grave For Burning Wings
16 Death In June - Little Black Angel
17 Death in June & Boyd Rice - Black Sun Rising
18 Fire + Ice - Dragons in the Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment