Jeff Beck Pick 1

This will be a two part pick. I almost didn't do this first part, because frankly there a ton of Jeff Beck Greatest Hits or Best of collections. Get any of them and you will be happy with it. But I decided to do it, since my view on it is not quite the same. This first part is mostly from his albums (and couple from the Yardbirds). But I am not going to tell you anything about the albums, the songs, his guitar playing. Listen and look it up. I am going to say that I first knew I was listening to him was not until the mid seventies. I had heard the Yardbirds and liked them, I knew songs by Beck Bogart and Appice and I had heard the songs with Rod Stewart, But I had never consciously made the connection to Beck, until 1975-76. It was a classmate who made me listen to Wired and Blow By Blow and insisted that it was better than anything I was listening to. Either way, Sam Esposito, I owe you for leading me down this path. Ended up seeing Beck live many, many times and even meeting him. I'll tell you tomorrow.

Jeff Beck Pick 1

01 Jeff Beck - She's A Woman
02 Jeff Beck featuring Joss Stone - I Put A Spell On You
03 Jeff Beck - Live In The Dark
04 Jeff Beck - Brush With The Blues
05 Jeff Beck - You Know What I Mean
06 Yardbirds - Psycho Daisies
07 Jeff Beck And Seal - Manic Depression
08 Jeff Beck Group With Rod Stewart - I Ain't Superstitious
09 Jeff Beck - Cause We've Ended As Lovers
10 Jeff Beck - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
11 Jeff Beck - Star Cycle
12 Jeff Beck - Beck's Bolero
13 Yardbirds - Happenings Ten Years Time Ago
14 Jeff Beck - Scatterbrain
15 Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining
16 Jeff Beck - Freeway Jam
17 Jeff Beck - Nadia
18 Jeff Beck - The Pump

No comments:

Post a Comment