Bill Bruford Pick

There's way too much to single out any pick of Bill Bruford. You could pick from only his jazz moments, or only his King Crimson bests, or his fabulous works in Yes (or the fake Yes: Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe). He already has a six CD set of stuff like that, so go look for that if you want more. Instead I just picked my favorites and limited it to that, I also told myself I could not refer to the aforementioned set, I had to look at the original albums to make my own list. Bruford was a completely different kind of drummer than Alan White. In some senses, way more suited to progressive rock and yet they needed White's more straightforward rock base when he came along and they really used Bruford's time signatures to advantage when they had him. Both had their uses. Compare and contrast. Both so good and both so different.

Bill Bruford Pick

01 Earthworks - Thud
02 Bruford - Hell's Bells
03 Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe - Brother Of Mine
04 Bruford - Sample And Hold
05 King Crimson - Starless
06 Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Stromboli Kicks
07 Steve Howe - The Inner Battle
08 Moraz Bruford - Split Seconds
09 King Crimson - Indiscipline
10 U.K. - Mental Medication
11 Yes - Heart of the Sunrise
12 Bruford - Beelzebub
13 Bill Bruford & Tony Levin - Cracking the Midnight Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment