Chris Squire Pick

I guess you knew this was coming. The Chris Squire pick. Just like the Alan White one from a few days ago. This is Chris playing with Yes and with Squackett and solo. He guested with Billy Sherwood and with Alan White. He played with Jimmy Page in XYZ and with the Prog Collective. These are my favorite picks from all that. Great bass player. The real backbone of Yes. You can hear his playing (and singing) miles away. Once he opened up, he was a really nice guy. I think I mentioned on this blog before that I got to meet him in a bar in Grand Cayman. Seen him play live multiple times and even though he's dead, he's on my list of the best bass players ever.

Chris Squire Pick

01 Chris Squire - Hold Out Your Hand
02 Yes - Can You Imagine
03 Chris Squire & Billy Sherwood - Days of Wonder
04 Chris Squire - Silently Falling
05 Chris Squire & Alan White - Comfortably Numb
06 Billy Sherwood - The Big Peace
07 The Prog Collective featuring Alan Parson, Chris Squire, Gary Green - The Technical Divide
08 Chris Squire with Alan White - Run With The Fox
09 Yes - The Fish (Shindleria Praematurus)
10 XYZ - Telephone Secrets
11 Squackett - A Life Within a Day
12 Chris Squire - Lucky Seven

2 comments:

  1. A favorite album with Chris is Syndestructible by The Syn. He was also on the band Esquire, at least the first album, only heard one song from it but it sounded good to me. Thank you for all these prog comps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have anything by Esquire, but I will have to check it out! I know the Syn but not Syndestructible. I guess I am going to be busy this week... Thanks!

      Delete