Geoff Downes Pick

Geoff Downes has been not only part of Yes as a musician, a vocalist, a mixer, but pretty much almost every capacity. He reluctantly was the vocalist for one of my favorite albums by Yes (Drama). I know I didn't include any of those tracks on this pick, but I easily could have. Instead I put on Buggles I Am A Camera, which was rewritten a little and appeared on that album. I might have put on Tempus Fugit (one of my favorites), but instead I put on the full Fly From Here with the redone lyrics by Downes. A great track many have not fully listened to enough. Of course I added an Asia track, but the surprise for many is probably the Kate Bush track where he plays the "trumpets" (sort of.) Look it up. I didn't pick a Pink Floyd tribute track, but he's on Sherwood's tributes. I did put on an Icon track from the first Icon album, which is him and Wetton. You are welcome. And imagine if he had brought Symphonie Electronique to Yes. Wow! Add vocals and Steve Howe guitar to it and it's set. I always consider Downes to be the nice, shy, New Wave, Wakeman.

Geoff Downes Pick

01 Greg Lake & Geoff Downes - Love Under Fire
02 The Prog Collective featuring Geoff Downes, Richard Page - Over Again
03 John Wetton & Geoffrey Downes - Let Me Go
04 Yes - Fly From Here (Complete Return)
05 Geoffrey Downes With The New Dance Orchestra - Symphonie Electronique
06 Buggles - I Am A Camera
07 Geoffrey Downes - Tears
08 Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
09 Icon - I Would Die for You
10 Asia - Heat Of The Moment
11 Kate Bush - Sat In Your Lap

No comments:

Post a Comment