The Cars Family Pick

I first made my favorite pick of the Cars compilation, Then realizing that I had several songs that I just couldn't fit on that compilation and that I hadn't used any tracks from the individual Cars members (other than Ric Ocasek) I decided to make this family pick. This time I put in tracks from each of the member. I tried not to repeat anything from my first comp. If you want me to post that one, I'd be happy to, just ask in the comments. The first time I heard the Cars, I was in my car, a Datsun B-210. Very used, but a pretty decent new stereo system and a local radio station had just gotten the first Cars album and were playing stuff off it. I immediately liked several of the tracks (none of which are on this pick) including Moving In Stereo which sounded great on my stereo. My car not so great, but the speakers, pretty great. Loved the band since that first time.

The Cars Family Pick

01 Cars - Drive
02 Elliot Easton - (Wearing Down) Like A Wheel
03 Ric Ocasek - Steal The Night
04 Ric Ocasek - Don't Lose Me
05 Greg Hawkes - Niagara Falls
06 The New Cars - Warm
07 Ric Ocasek - Crackpot
08 Benjamin Orr - Stay The Night
09 Elliot Easton - Shayla
10 Cars - Magic
11 Elliot Easton's Tiki Gods - Monte Carlo Nights
12 Cars - Candy-O
13 Cars - Sad Song
14 Ric Ocasek - The Next Right Moment
15 Cars - Blue Tip
16 Ric Ocasek - Don't Let Go
17 Ric Ocasek - True To You
18 Cars - You Are The Girl
19 Greg Hawkes - Ants In Your Pants
20 Greg Hawkes - Beep Beep
21 Cars - Got a Lot on My Head
22 Benjamin Orr - Too Hot To Stop

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Cars family mix (and, sure, I would definitely like you to post its predecessor, the actual Cars compilation). I realize now that I haven't listened to any of their stuff in many, many years, but I really did love their first couple of albums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for it. I will post it. In a week or so

      Delete
    2. Hi Pol... Did you post that Cars comp as stated above?
      If you did I haven't found it as yet, maybe you can help.
      As you know, many great bands have a sound and style all their own that makes them easily recognizable, unique, and endearing. The Cars, with Rick Ocasek at the helm, were certainly one of those groups. A great band!

      Delete
    3. Actually I completely forgot. I have it ready, so within the week

      Delete
  2. "Stay the Night" is a good song. I've always liked it. There are two others I really like off the same album - "In Circles" and "This Time Around." I think my first introduction to the band was hearing "My Best Friend's Girl" on the radio. What I do remember is purchasing the LP not long after. After spinning it a thousand times in a short matter of time, "Don't Cha Stop" and "Bye Bye Love" and "All Mixed Up" were my top 3. I can still remember going nutz over "Don't Cha Stop."

    One of my top fav Cars tune is an unreleased track - "Take Me Now."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That whole first album was amazing. And some of the tracks only released as B sides were pretty darn good. I too like Take me now

      Delete
  3. Would love to listen to this collection, is a re-up possbile? thank you

    ReplyDelete