Polka Pick 2

A combination of old and new polkas. This pick is part two of the Polka compilations. Polka Pick Part 1 is here. This time a few more of Brave Combo, another Weird Al and the Polkaholics. You'll notice some pretty out there covers of the Doors and Pink Floyd, polka style. Some country polka and a few polkas from some soundtracks. I added Dean Martin and a few other older tracks to balance out the new ones. Not sure why, but none of them resonate with my mother-in-law as much as the Pennsylvania Polka does (which is on part 1,) but they're all pretty decent and get your foot tapping. Watch your step! I've been looking for a Brush Your Teeth polka. Do you know of one?

Polka Pick 2

29 Lords - Good Time Music
30 Dean Martin - The Sailor's Polka
31 The Casuals - Ice Cubes in Beer
32 James Last - Budweiser Polka
33 Six Fat Dutchmen - Jenny Lind Polka
34 Myron Floren - Accordion Man Polka
35 Fritz's Polka Band - Grandparent's Polka
36 The Polka Floyd Show - See Emily Play
37 Whoopee John - Ping Pong Polka
38 Rex Allen - Dude Ranch Polka
39 Richie Yurkovich Band - My Wife Is Happy Polka
40 Henry Mancini - Bier Fest Polka
41 The Wurzels - I Am A Cider Drinker
42 Balkan Beat Box - Bulgarian Chicks
43 Dirty Polka Band - The Dirty Polka
44 Buck Owens - Buck's Polka
45 Ebb Pilling & His Ozark Squirrel Shooters - Ozark Polka
46 John Kander & Fred Ebb - New York, New York (Polka Version)
47 Henry Mancini - Pie-In-The-Face Polka
48 Patti Page - Milwaukee Polka
49 Brave Combo - Potato Chips Polka
50 Brave Combo - Hosa Dyna
50 The Pogues - The Kerry Polka
51 kd Lang & The Reclines - Watch Your Step Polka
52 Weird Al Yankovic - Now That's What I Call Polka!
53 Brave Combo - People Are Strange
54 Gaelic Storm - John Ryan's Polka
55 Bowling For Soup featuring Brave Combo - Belgium Polka
56 The Polkaholics - Beer (Breakfast of Champions)
57 They Might Be Giants - The Famous Polka
58 The Toons - Punk Polka


10 comments:

  1. Polka Girl by Colorblind James Experience is a toe-tapper too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that one. I'm going to have to look it up. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Brilliant! Polka girl definitely did not let me down!

      Delete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4TJd1Lu6rA

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my son and his then-girlfriend were in high school they had to learn polka dancing for a scene in a school musical. At the time he and his friends were all in ever changing line ups in ska bands (they were into third wave bands like Reel Big Fish, etc.). I always seemed to be the designated adult chaperone for these teen ska shows. Anyway, it always cracked me up when, as everyone else was skanking, him and his girl would bust out their polka moves. The surprised and confused looks were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this. I hope you have some video of it... Probably no cell phones at the time which is a shame. I can picture it though

      Delete
    2. I wish there was but nope. It kind of makes sense though, (third wave) ska and polka are sort of second cousins with their emphasis on horns but instead of oompa oompa it's pick it up pick it up.

      Delete