Skip Scarborough Pick

I knew about Skip Scarborough because of Earth Wind & Fire. I remember him being on the Spirit album. I was looking at album covers more closely by then. I had no idea how many songs he had written. In fact I thought he was dead for some reason. Turns out he wrote for several of the EWF albums and for a bunch of other bands and artists. I have a sampling of that on this pick. These are all songs he wrote or co-wrote. C'mon, Bill Withers alone puts him at the great level. Add bands like Con Funk Shun, the Emotions, Friends of Distinction, L.T.D. as well as artists like Anita Baker, Patti Labelle, George Benson, Nanci Wilson and you have an amazing catalog. I tried not to do too many of the covers and put the originals in here. I did put Nanci Wilson even though she covered the Emotions version. But I kept L.T.D. instead of George Benson. Choices. Lots of EWF!

Skip Scarborough Pick

01 Earth, Wind & Fire - Earth, Wind & Fire
02 Earth Wind & Fire - Love Music
03 Creative Source - You Can't Hide Love
04 Con Funk Shun - Secrets
05 The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
06 Bill Withers - Lovely Day
07 Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
08 Deniece Williams - Love Notes
09 Patti Labelle - It's Alright With Me
10 Valerie Carter - So, So, Happy
11 Nancy Wilson - Don't Ask My Neighbors
12 The Dells - Stand Up And Show The World
13 The Emotions - Walking The Line
14 Mother's Finest - Love Changes
15 Phyllis Hyman - No One Can Love You More
16 Earth, Wind & Fire - Love's Holiday
17 The Friends Of Distinction - Love Can Make It Easier
18 Con Funk Shun - Can't Go Away
19 L.T.D. - Love Ballad

No comments:

Post a Comment