White Bread

Ok this is a different sort of compilation and there are multiple volumes of this. Each pick starts with White. This one obviously White Bread. I tried to pick the most non-offensive thing I could think of and then pick matching non-offensive songs. Some might say: Bland. But that is not quite accurate. I really don't think any of these are really bland songs, but they are mostly non-offensive. I tried on this volume to have some variety in the age of the songs and yet still keep the "theme" going. I love the combo of Moondance, Dancing In The Moonlight and Chevy Van. And I suppose that might have been the start of this series, but I Second That Emotion is probably more correct. Either way they are my guilty pleasures.

White Bread

01 Manfred Mann - Blinded By The Light
02 Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
03 Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
04 Harry Chapin - Cats In The Cradle
05 Cat Stevens - If You Want To Sing Out
06 Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
07 Bread - If
08 Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
09 Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number
10 Van Morrison - Moondance
11 King Harvest - Dancing In The Moonlight
12 Sammy Johns - Chevy Van
13 Madonna - American Pie
14 Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Everybody's Talkin'
15 Japan - I Second That Emotion
16 Everything But The Girl - Almost Blue
17 The Pretenders - I'm Not In Love
18 Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way-Freebird
19 Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment