David Gilmour Guest Pick

A few days ago, I had a pick of David Gilmour solo work. Out of the main members of Pink Floyd, Gilmour had the most amount of guest appearances on other people's albums. And it turns out some of my favorites. He also produced several artists. I confined this pick to actual guest spots as defined by him playing something on each song (although a few he also produced.) One of my favorites are the Kate Bush tracks. You can kind of hear the flavor of Floyd on several. Anyway, cool to hear these tracks together. I can tell you that Waters did not play well with others. Gilmour definitely did. He had less solo albums, but plenty of guest spots. I like the Orb track too. There was a bootleg called Pink Coffee which was kind of a mashup of Pink Floyd and the Orb, this might be better.

David Gilmour Guest Pick

16 The Orb Featuring David Gilmour - Spheres Side (Es Vedra-Hymns To The Sun (Reprise)-Olympic-Chicago Dub-Bold Knife Trophy)
17 Elton John - Understanding Women
18 Peter Cetera Featuring David Gilmour - You Never Listen To Me
19 Jools Holland - Honey Dripper
20 Blue Pearl - Running Up That Hill
21 Kate Bush - Love And Anger
22 Bryan Ferry - Boys And Girls
23 Ringo Starr - I Think Therefore I Rock 'n Roll
24 Bryan Ferry - Seven Deadly Sins
25 Supertramp - Brother Where You Bound
26 Kate Bush - Passing Through Air
27 Pete Townshend - White City Fighting
28 Wings - Rockestra Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment