House Pick 1

I already posted my Acid House pick, so I had to put in a few volumes of House (no acid). Here it is, volume 1.Remember that these picks are what I chose to mean house. Nothing to do with what is in the title, just how I separate the music. These are all about the same tempo (or BPM) and they are in order of BPM. All around 120 BPM or so. Now I can beat match and key match when I DJ, but I tend not to throughout a whole night. I used to go to the all House parties and marvel at the DJ, but also make fun of them. Especially in bars. All one long song is horrible for bars. It's one of my pet peeves. Sure it shows off a DJ's mixing abilities, but bar owners want diversity even if they don't know they do. Once I meet with a bar owner and explain it, they too realize why. Worst thing ever for a bar is to play all one continuous song.  Believe I have trained DJ's out of it and increased their incomes for this one thing. That being said, I do love a DJ that can make it happen. And House is a perfect genre for it.

House Pick 1

01 M.A.R.R.S. - Pump up the Volume
02 S-Express - Theme from S-Express
03 Fingers Inc. - Can You Feel It
04 A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray
05 Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (La La Dee)
06 Steve Silk Hurley - Jack Your Body
07 LNR - Work It To The Bone
08 2 In A Room - Wiggle It
09 Steffi - Sadness (Vinyl Version)
10 Jungle Brothers - I'll House You
11 Aly-Us - Time Passes On (Club Mix)
12 Swedish House Mafia featuring Pharrell Williams - One (Your Name)
13 Armand Van Helden - Koochy
14 KC Flightt - Voices (Out Of Reach Wonka Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment