SPK Pick

It's funny, but I was introduced to this band twice. And I liked them each time for different reasons. I had a girl, the same one who introduced me to Throbbing Gristle (she had Second Annual Report) and early Cabaret Voltaire, introduce me to SPK. But at the time it was a band called Sozialistisches Patienten Kollektiv (they switched it around for awhile before settling on SPK.) She had the album Leichenschrei (which is German for Corpse Scream.) It was a brilliant industrial album. It went well with TG's 2nd Annual Report. Later when SPK was on Elektra records I got the album and the Junk Funk 12 inch (I put that one on this pick) not realizing it was the same band. I liked them again. And some of the following were combos of industrial and industrial synthpop. I really liked that, too. Network records at that time had quite a few really good bands on their label (and I liked their rep) so I got a bunch of albums that I mostly all loved. Either way, I compiled my pick of each of these periods. And I mixed them all, industrial noise with the dance.

SPK Pick

01 SPK - Baby Blue Eyes
02 SPK - Slogun
03 SPK - Funk #2
04 SPK - Retard
05 SPK - Palms Crossed in Sorrow
06 SPK - In Flagrante Delicto
07 SPK - Necropolis
08 SPK - Mouth To Mouth
09 SPK - Kambuja
10 SPK - Sheer Naked Aggression
11 SPK - Junk Funk (The Special Crash Mix)
12 SPK - Breathless
13 SPK - Metal Dance
14 SPK - Day Of Pigs
15 SPK - Wars Of Islam
16 SPK - Mekano
17 SPK - Post-Mortem

No comments:

Post a Comment