What Is The Connection? Cops

I made this compilation some time ago. Years ago. Let me be clear. I am not saying that all cops are good or all cops are bad. It does seem like many of the bands I listen to have an opinion. I didn't look for positive or negative views for this connection. My feeling is that some people in power tend to abuse that power eventually. Police are no different. I do not believe that they are systemically racist, but I do believe that they have preconceived notions just like al people. I definitely got pulled over more when I had a mohawk. Especially in the 80's. When I was clean cut looking, I did not. Just a fact of life. You can say that is prejudging people and that is true, but I also know that everyone does it. And I would rather they be careful and be vigilant rather than they not be there at all. Or die because they weren't careful. I can tell you I was a lot more polite when I had a mohawk. So I back the blue, but I am skeptical too. I know all too often it isn't random at all. My car has been completely searched for over an hour multiple times. But my looks don't reflect my lawfulness. But they do reflect my "question authority" mindset.

What Is The Connection? Cops

01 Body Count - Cop Killer (Original Version)
02 NWA - Fuck Tha Police
03 Dead Kennedys - Police Truck
04 Mudhoney - Hate the Police
05 The Strokes - New York City Cops
06 H20 - Cops
07 Keith Levene - Cops too
08 Pop -O- Pies - Fascists Eat Donuts
09 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Police Helicopter
10 Rage Against The Machine - Fuck The Police
11 Robyn Hitchcock - Do Police Sing-
12 The Dickies - My Pop The Cop
13 Devo - Supercop
14 Surf Punks - ...And Then The Cops Came
15 The Clash - Police on My Back
16 Gregory Isaacs - Police and thieves 
17 Junior Brown - Highway Patrol
18 Everything But The Girl - Good Cop Bad Cop
19 Village People - Hot Cop
20 Beatles - Piggies
21 Cheech and Chong - Stopped By a Cop

7 comments:

  1. What? No Sic 'em Pigs by Canned Heat. Oh well, thanks for this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! I didn't know that song! I'm looking for it now!

      Delete
    2. Canned Heat Cookbook 1969. Perfect topper to this collection. BTW thanks for all the Yes connections. Great job you done!

      Delete
  2. Another one to refresh please... Cops

    ReplyDelete