What Is The Connection? Party

This was fun to make. Sure there are hundreds of other songs I could have put on this connection, but these are the ones I picked. Leave a comment and tell me how I am dumb and should have included track X and maybe I will include it on Party 2. But for now these are the ones. You might think it strange that my favorite on this list is the one I heard on Dr. Demento from Barnes & Barnes, but it is. The Slickee Boys is from a 7" 45 RPM vinyl and I like that a lot. I also was madly in love with Unit 3 and Venus. I looked everywhere for their stuff and usually could only find it on Rodney on The ROQ's compilations. Two other ones I will mention is the Eddie Murphy track. He had a few 12 inch dance records and darn if they weren't as good as his comedy. And Bunny Sigler. None of my friends knew anything about Bunny Sigler, or only about his early soul stuff, but I went to disco's and this track got played a bunch. Usually mixed in with Let's All Chant from the Michael Zager Band or Got To Give It Up by Marvin Gaye. What a set! I'd now add Blurred Lines from Robin Thicke. Now that's party!

What Is The Connection? Party

01 Pink - Get The Party Started
02 Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right (To Party)
03 Fishbone - Party At Ground Zero
04 Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party
05 Prince - Partyup
06 Unit 3 With Venus - Pajama Party
07 Wanda Jackson - Let's Have A Party
08 Fly-Rite Boys - Booze Party
09 Buddy Knox - Party Doll
10 Sam Cooke - Having A Party
11 Lesley Gore - It's My Party
12 Barnes & Barnes - Party In My Pants
13 Bunny Sigler - Let Me Party With You (Party, Party, Party)
14 Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
15 Stevie B - Party Your Body
16 Aaron Carter - Aaron's Party
17 Lil' Brian and the Zydeco Travelers - Party
18 Reverend Horton Heat - Loco Gringo's Like To Party
19 Black Flag - TV Party
20 Slickee Boys - This Party Sucks
21 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Party On Your Pussy

No comments:

Post a Comment