The The Pick

The first time I heard Matt Johnson and The The was on a compilation called Some Bizarre. I actually bought it because it had a Depeche Mode song and a Soft Cell song on it that I hadn't heard before. And I liked both of those bands. The one track by The The was kinda of weird (as was the rest of the album) but I liked it. Later when I saw the first The The album come out, I saw this cool artwork and remembered the song. It wasn't on the album. I bought it right away. I had no idea what I was in for. I listened to the album late at night with headphones on. Seinheisers, with yellow foam and open ears. And on a really long cord. I listened to the album and then I played it again. And again. Over and over. Several times. I was entranced by the songs, the voice. I thought everyone would or should be listening to this album. They didn't. I didn't hear a single song on the radio stations. I tried to make it my mission to play a song every time I was out. I don't think he caught on until a few albums later. I bought them all. This is my pick of The The songs. But get all the albums. They are great. I didn't realize until later that all these people I loved guested on these albums. Bonus!

The The Pick

01 The The - I've Been Waitin' For Tomorrow
02 The The - The Beat(en) Generation
03 The The - Infected
04 The The - Gravitate To Me (Little Version)
05 The The - Armageddon Days (Are Here Again)
06 The The - The Whisperers
07 The The - Red Cinders In The Sand
08 The The - The The
09 The The - I Saw The Light
10 The The - Sweet Bird Of Truth
11 The The - Heartland
12 The The - Perfect (12 Remix)
13 The The - Slow Emotion Replay
14 The The - This Is The Day
15 The The - Uncertain Smile
16 The The - Love Is Stronger Than Death
17 The The - I Want 2 B U
18 The The - Dogs Of Lust

No comments:

Post a Comment