PTV Pick

Psychic TV was an offshoot of Throbbing Gristle (one of my favorites). They had some very different phases (of music and identities.) This is one of my favorite picks of that. Industrial Acid Dance. And I put in a pick or two from TG, so you can see that it started back then. Even though they are Carter-Tutti remixes of the songs. I also like the David Ball (Soft Cell) remix. There are so many PTV albums released it is hard to pick just enough tracks for one CD, but here it is. Originally it was Genesis P-Orridge and Peter Christopherson who started this band, but Peter left to form his own band and it became the baby of P-Orridge and his band of merry men (although I use that term loosely.) Great dance music and I didn't care what they did to their bodies. Just crazy enough to be genius, or who knows what. Just know that all of below is Genesis' different disguises. That's Psychick TV.

PTV Pick

01 Psychic TV - Good Vibrations
02 Psychic TV - Roman P.
03 Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady (Carter Tutti Remix)
04 King Tubby - Psyche Out
05 Psychic TV - Papal Breakdance
06 Psychic TV - Godstar
07 Throbbing Gristle - Hot Heels United (Carter Tutti Remix)
08 Psychic TV - S.M.I.L.E. (Remix by Greedy Bead Syndicate)
09 Psychic TV - Eve Ov Destruction
10 Psychic TV - Horror House
11 Nobody Uninc - Only Human
12 M.E.S.H. - Meet Every Situation Head On
13 Psychic TV - Money for E (Remix by Dave Ball)
14 Psychic TV - I.C. Water

No comments:

Post a Comment