Definitive Disco

Although this is officially not part of the Leopard series of disco playlists, this pick was made around the same time. I knew that my picks for the leopard series may not have been the "biggest" hits. These are the result of playin lots of disco parties as a DJ. These are definitely the disco songs that people will automatically dance to. It's my definitive playlist of disco. Later I will post my pick for best disco slow songs. But for now, the best or the cheesiest (depending on your view) disco songs. Notice that the cover is slightly different. Okay, very much different. Best disco songs to get people dancing can include a lot of ground. So, if you have a song that should have been in here, let me know in the comments below.

Definitive Disco

01 Van McCoy - The Hustle
02 Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
03 Commodores - Brick house
04 Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
05 Abba - Dancing Queen
06 Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
07 KC & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
08 Bee Gees - Night Fever
09 KC & The Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
10 Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real
11 Emotions - Best Of My Love
12 Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
13 Sister Sledge - We Are Family
14 Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
15 Donna Summer - Bad Girls
16 Kool & The Gang - Celebration
17 Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
18 Village People - YMCA
19 The Trammps - Disco Inferno
20 Evelyn Champagne King - Shame

2 comments:

  1. I like or love every single track listed. My ultimate top 2 disco tracks and have been for years:
    1) I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges
    2) Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both amazing songs! Alicia Bridges is on a future Disco Leopard volume and A Taste of Honey is here at Rock, Freak, Boogie: https://polinatewtc.blogspot.com/2021/11/rock-freak-boogie-connection.html

      Delete