What's The Connection? Rose Is A Rose

This started out as one of my cassettes and eventually became this Connection. Many of the first songs were featured on a live WTC years ago. I added a few as I had already found them to make the cassette. I couldn't bear to get rid of any, so it's still over an hour and a half. Oh well. Couple of Death in June songs, the latter one on the list was added after the live show. Only one of the reggae tracks appeared on the show, but did appear on the cassette. Sometime in the future I will post my La Vie En Rose connection. It's donw, except for the cover. Maybe I will make it based on this cover. If I remember correctly, the flower came from a photo I took in my front yard rose garden years ago.

What's The Connection? Rose Is A Rose

01 Arcadia - Rose Arcana
02 Book Of Love - I Touch Roses
03 Chris And Cosey - Smell The Roses
04 Marc Almond - Exotica Rose
05 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Stay (The Black Rose And The Universal Wheel)
06 Gregory Issacs - Red Rose For Gregory
07 Death In June - Torture By Roses
08 Adrian Belew - Pretty Pink Rose
09 Ryuichi Sakamoto - A Rose
10 John Wesley Harding - The Red Rose And The Briar
11 The Damned - New Rose
12 Squeeze - Rose I Said
13 Roxy Music - Prairie Rose
14 Alphaville - Red Rose (Single Version '88)
15 Siouxsie & The Banshees - Cannibal Roses
16 The Uninvited Guests - Hearts and Roses
17 Bauhaus - Rosegarden Funeral Of Sores
18 Inner Circle - Black Roses
19 Death In June - To Drown A Rose
20 Grace Jones - La Vie En Rose
21 Everything But The Girl - Blue Moon Rose
22 Elvis Costello - Good Year For the Roses

2 comments:

  1. May I just say, Pol, I find your work very entertaining and always educational. You've opened my eyes to many artists, often ones I'd never encountered before. You do a great job, and I marvel at your pace! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! You're making me blush... I enjoy making them

      Delete