Bill Nelson Pick

This compilation is kind of fun for me. But also very difficult. Getting a Pick on Bill Nelson will always feel incomplete. He has so many albums, So right away, it's impossible to narrow it to a CD's length. But that was the goal. My favorites may not be anywhere near someone else's favorites. In fact, probably not at all. It's not like Nelson had a lot of "hits" just fan favorites. I did include a couple of tracks where he played guitar on tracks I really liked from other artists. Monsoon with Sheila Chandra doing an amazing cover. And Cabaret Voltaire with a track from CODE that I really liked and was pleasantly surprised that it was one of the tracks on the album that Nelson played guitar on. I won't really get into genres here, but I kept the rock, the art rock, the new wave etc and tried to stay a little away from the ambient. He's got a lot of ambient. I hope you like what I picked.

Bill Nelson Pick

01 Be Bop Deluxe - Modern Music
02 Be Bop Deluxe - Axe Victim
03 Be Bop Deluxe - Ships In The Night
04 Be Bop Deluxe - Electrical Language
05 Be Bop Deluxe - Maid In Heaven
06 Bill Nelson's Red Noise - Don't Touch Me (I'm Electric)
07 Bill Nelson's Red Noise - Furniture Music
08 Bill Nelson - Do You Dream in Colour
09 Bill Nelson - Instantly Yours
10 Bill Nelson - When Your Dream Of Perfect Beauty Comes True
11 Bill Nelson - Banal
12 Bill Nelson - A Dip In The Swimming Pool Reactor
13 Bill Nelson - Quit Dreaming And Get On The Beam
14 Bill Nelson - Acceleration
15 Bill Nelson's Orchestra Arcana - Why Be Lonely
16 Bill Nelson's Orchestra Arcana - The Whole City Between Us
17 Bill Nelson's Orchestra Arcana - Everyday Is A Better Day
18 Channel Light Vessel - Testify
19 Cabaret Voltaire - Don't Argue
20 Monsoon - Tomorrow Never Knows

No comments:

Post a Comment