What Is The Connection? Pirates 1

Well, tomorrow is Talk A Like A Pirate Day and this compilation will help. I love this day and I love pirates. I have been a Pirate on Halloween. I decorate with Pirate stuff on my lawn at Halloween. Lots of piratey things in my life, so it was a no-brainer to make a connection of pirate related songs. All sorts in this compilation. From the original Pirates of the Caribbean song (Yo Ho) to the Vandals Pirates Life. From Beastie Boys to the Backyardigans. Real Pirates to the the worst pirates. They are here. So, as you say Arrr tomorrow and wear an eye patch, now you have the soundtrack to your day started.

What Is The Connection? Pirates 1

01 Muppet Treasure Island - A Professional Pirate
02 The Backyardigans - A Pirate Says Arr
03 Stan Ridgway - Hanging Johnny
04 Muppet Treasure Island - Shiver My Timbers
05 The Arrogant Worms - The Last Saskatchewan Pirate
06 Relient K - The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
07 Bill Donohue - Wooden Ships, Iron Men
08 Domenic Arnato & Pirate Chorus - A Pirate I Was Meant to Be
09 Kevin Brennan - Pirate, Arrrr
10 Bryan Ferry - The Cruel Ship's Captain
11 Beastie Boys - Rhymin & Stealin
12 The Ben Gunn Society - I Want To Be A Pirate
13 Disneyland - Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)
14 Bow Wow Wow - Sun, Sea and Piracy
15 Richard Marcus and Johnny Caruso - It's Great to Be a Pirate
16 Stefan Karl Stefansson & Julianna Rose Mauriello - You're A Pirate
17 The Mad Caddies - Weird Beard
18 Adam & The Ants - Jolly Roger
19 Echo & The Bunnymen - Seven Seas
20 DJ Bobo - Pirates Of Dance (Extended Version)
21 Toybox - The Sailor Song
22 DJ Tiesto - He's A Pirate (Tiesto Remix)
23 Buckethead - Pirate's Life For Me
24 The Backyardigans - What Do You Do With A Scurvy Pirate
25 Vandals - Pirate's Life
26 Ceann na Caca - Worst Pirate Song
27 Captain Bogg & Salty - Scurvy
28 Peter Pan - A Pirate's Life
29 Viking Jim - The Cardiff Rose

7 comments:

  1. You should hear Jolly Roger from McGuinn's 1976 Cardiff Rose album. Has sound effects and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first song I think of when I think of pirate songs. But I could never have come up with all you have. Looking forward to listening. BTW Mick Ronson plays on Jolly Roger as he produced the album.

      Delete
    2. Check out tomorrow's post! Forgot I already had it

      Delete
  2. Actually Roger McGuinn's Jolly Roger is the original serious version to Viking Jim's cartoonish version called Cardiff Rose. Same song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Jimmy Buffett's- A Pirate Looks At 40. Sorry to be a pest. Great stuff you got here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate it! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete