Kinks Kovers

This was fun to do. But also frustrating at the same time. I like the Kinks and originally was making a pick of my favorite Kinks songs. But I got to the frustrating part. The Kinks are great songwriters and sometimes great at recording. They are too British for me at times and my favorites are sometimes not anywhere near the top listened to songs by the Kinks. I compare them to the Who, but the Who were better in the studio. For instance, You Really Got Me. A great song. But Van Halen does it way better than the Kinks. In fact I like that song done better by 801 with Brian Eno. And Stop Your Sobbing. There is no doubt that the Pretenders do a much better version of the song. So that's not true for every song. But definitely a few. So I took some of my favorite covers of Kinks songs and put this together. Not an end all be all covers collection, just some of my favorites. Many versions of songs on this one. Some of my favorites: Shonen Knife, The Fall, Stranglers, The Jam, Nancy Sinatra, etc.

Kinks Kovers

01 Queens Of The Stone Age - Everybody's Gonna Be Happy
02 Def Leppard - Waterloo Sunset
03 Buster Poindexter - Alcohol
04 David Bowie - Waterloo Sunset
05 Sonny & Cher - Set Me Free
06 Pretenders - Stop Your Sobbing
07 Green Day - Tired Of Waiting For You
08 Yo La Tengo - King Kong
09 Stranglers - All Day & All Of The Night
10 The Standells - Sunny Afternoon
11 801 - You Really Got Me
12 Monks Of Doom - King Kong
13 The Hammersmith Gorillas - You Really Got Me
14 Bob Geldof - Sunny Afternoon
15 Van Halen - You Really Got Me
16 Big Star - Till The End Of The Day
17 Silicon Teens - You Really Got Me
18 The Sun - (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman
19 The Fall - Victoria
20 Robbie Williams - Lola
21 Lee Rocker - Come Dancing
22 The Jam - David Watts
23 Ace Frehley - Lola
24 Patti Lupone - Superman (Wish I Could Fly) (Live)
25 Shonen Knife - Till The End Of The Day
26 Gary Lewis & The Playboys - A Well Respected Man

No comments:

Post a Comment