What's The Connection? Hoochie 1

You'd probably be surprised which song started my quest for this Hoochie connection. You might think it was Rick Derringer and you'd be close. That was the first song I thought of after I started the search of my collection, but actually it was the outlier of this comp, Ohio Players. I have probably listened to that song, looked at the title on the albums it's on (after looking at the covers over and over again) and never realized that it was a hoochie song. When I did, I was surprised and now I can never unsee it. I knew I had to make this connection so the one other person who had never noticed it before, also noticed it. Is that you? Or am I really the only guy who never saw what was right in front of my face? It's like the Heatwave song that I sang over and over again, thinking I was singing Japanese, when no, it was English all the time. I just didn't hear the lyrics properly. Doh! Have you ever just misheard the lyrics so bad?

What's The Connection? Hoochie 1

01 Steppenwolf - Hootchie Cootchie Man
02 Joe K K and Zydeco Force - Hoochie Coochie
03 Johnny Winter - Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo
04 Jimi Hendrix - Hoochie Koochie Man
05 Rick Derringer - Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo
06 Lil Red Johnnie - Hoochie Coochie Mama
07 Nashville Pussy - Rock 'n' Roll Hoochie Coo
08 Muddy Waters - (I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man
09 Michael Katon - On The Prowl For A Hoochie Mama
10 Ohio Players - Who'd She Coo
11 Moby Grape - Hoochie
12 Dragonfly - Hootchie Kootchie Man
13 Eric Clapton - Hoochie Coochie Man
14 Chick Willis - I Know A Hoochie Mama
15 Tony Joe White - Hoochie Woman
16 2 Live Crew - Hoochie Mama
17 Andrea True - Hootchie Kootchie Froozies

No comments:

Post a Comment