Rhythm Pop Pick 3

Volume three of this pick is kind of cool in several ways. First, as always, I liked all these songs and bands. I won a prize in Hawaii in some bar for knowing The B-52's, so I will always remember that, but several of these songs were just not big hits around my part of town and yet they were such cool songs. I knew the Soft Boys, of course, and when the Egyptians album came out and Robyn started singing Heaven, I knew I was going to love it. The Bongos, Kissing The Pink, Vicious Pink and The Dealers were all personal favorites of mine. The medley from OMD was a 12 inch single. And around that time one of the DJ trick mixes was INXS and FYC. A buddy of mine and I went into the studio and put together a great mix so that anyone could replicate it. One of the first real mashups! Listen to how it weaves in and out of each other. It's actually better than what you could do live on turntables. It's a great example of what you can do with a multi-track editor.

Rhythm Pop Pick 3

01 Romeo Void - Never Say Never
02 The B-52's - Rock Lobster
03 Tears For Fears - Shout
04 Bongos - The Beat Hotel
05 Kissing The Pink - Big Man Restless
06 CCCP - American Soviets
07 INXS vs Fine Young Cannibals - She Needs You To Drive Me Crazy Tonight (Helms at the Helm Mix)
08 Wham! - Everything She Wants
09 Book Of Love - Boy
10 The Dealers - Don't Keep Me Waiting
11 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Brides Of Frankenstein
12 Yello - Oh Yeah (12 inch Mix)
13 Vicious Pink - Spooky
14 Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment