Nonesuch Folk

This is an interesting story. At one time long ago, I had a family member ask me to find an old Pete Seeger album. At the time I did not have it (and hadn't even heard it) but they insisted it was a great album and they hadn't heard it in years and they couldn't find it. I offered to look for it as I was shopping around the world for records. I would occasionally look for it as I looked for new albums. It didn't take long, and I found it. Next Thanksgiving was a joyous time as we all listened to the LP. It was a decent album, not all it was made out to be. They ended up wanting it on cassette. So I recorded it for them. The tape had enough room left over to make what I picked to match or sort of match on the other side. This is mostly what I had. I added some newer tracks when I made this compilation Since I didn't want to put a whole album on here, none of Pete Seeger is on here. Some folkish, some acoustic, some just fun stuff.

Nonesuch Folk

01 Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane
02 Robyn Hitchcock - The Bones In The Ground
03 Dashboard Confessional - Even Now (Acoustic)
04 Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes
05 We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It - Bohemian Rhapsody
06 Robyn Hitchcock - Uncorrected Personality Traits
07 Kate Bush - Lord Of The Reedy River
08 Beautiful South - Everybody’s Talkin’
09 Current 93 - Oh' Coal Black Smith
10 The Jesus And Mary Chain - My Girl
11 Zander Schloss - Salsa Y Ketchup
12 This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren
13 Chris Isaak - Forever Blue (Acoustic Version)
14 Dif Juz featuring Elizabeth Fraser & Robin Guthrie - Love Insane
15 The Horse Flies - Hush Little Baby
16 Everything But The Girl - Alfie
17 Victoria Williams - Don't Let It Bring You Down
18 Death In June - Little Black Angel
19 The Perfect Disaster - Wanderin' Star
20 The Hummingbirds - Sister Goldenhair
21 Lou Reed - Perfect Day (Acoustic Demo)
22 Two Nice Girls - I Spent My Last $10 (On Birth Control And Beer)
23 The Lilac Time - Big Yellow Taxi
24 10,000 Maniacs - Peace Train

2 comments:

  1. This, my friend, is one well thought-out, and well paced mix. A most excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete