Once Upon A Time 6

This is the last of the series for now. All songs that are in story format. A wide variety throughout the series, never more clear than on this volume. I'm sure you have some suggestions for future volumes. And I'm sure I missed one of your favorite story songs. Please leave them in the comments. I'm sure I will make more of these volumes in the future and I would love to hear your suggestions. There are some fun ones in this volume. One of my favorite story songs (and one of the ones I was first thinking of when I decided to make this compilation is Marlena Shaw's Yu-Ma/Go Away Little Boy. I love her voice on this track. One of my favorites of all time by her. When she changes her mind and her voice changes, It just gives me chills. And the story is great. I wish I was that irresistible. Unfortunately, I am no Cary Grant, no matter how much I wish I was.

Once Upon A Time 6

84 Bob Marley & The Wailers - I Shot the Sheriff
85 Commander Cody & Lost Planet Airmen - Two Triple Cheese Side Order Fries
86 Pete Seeger - I Know An Old Lady
87 The Stories - Brother Louie
88 Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
89 Marlena Shaw - Yu-Ma-Go Away Little Boy
90 Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
91 Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number
92 New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
93 Junior Brown - My Wife Thinks Your Dead
94 Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
95 Pitbull - Fireball feat. John Ryan
96 Carole King - Smackwater Jack
97 Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
98 Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
99 Peter Paul Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
100 Billy Joel - Captain Jack
101 David Cook - Mr. Sensitive

2 comments:

  1. O.K. ...here are 5 vastly different "story" songs for your consideration...
    * 30,000 Pounds of Bananas by Harry Chapin
    * The Ballad of Andrew McCrew by Don McLean
    * Love Song by Albert Brooks
    * I Am by Victor Buono
    * Benny's from Heaven by Eddie Jefferson
    You are probably unfamiliar with some (or all) of these but take a listen, and let me know what you think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am going to have to work on the next volume!

      Delete