Once Upon A Time 3

The continuing story of story songs with volume 3 in your hands. I've been a sucker for story songs all my life. Bungalow Bill is something I sang as a kid in elementary school. Later in life I discovered KMET and Dr. Demento. He played many crazy songs, and you could find all sorts of story songs among them. One of those became a real favorite of mine. Meri Wilson, in the late 70's, had this song that got played a lot, Telephone Man. It was a fun filled double entendre song. A story and sexual suggestion. Perfect. I had no idea she was a model and great looking until much later. I also get a love for ELO, because the radio was filled with Telephone Line, every time they played her song for at least a whole summer. So that's the story of why I picked Meri Wilson for this compilation.

Once Upon A Time 3

33 Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
34 Melanie - Brand New Key
35 Tony Orlando & Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
36 Neil Young - Sugar Mountain
37 Monty Python - Lumberjack Song
38 Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
39 Raydio - Jack And Jill
40 Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
41 Hot Chocolate - Brother Louie
42 Jerry Reed - She Got the Goldmine (I Got the Shaft)
43 C.W. McCall - Convoy
44 Beatles - The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
45 August Campbell & the Spur of the Moment Band - I-95 Song
46 Taylor Swift - Love Story (US Pop Mix)
47 Deana Carter - Strawberry Wine
48 Tom T. Hall - (Old Dogs, Children And) Watermelon Wine
49 The Playmates - Beep Beep
50 Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
51 Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
52 Meri Wilson - Telephone Man
53 Arlo Guthrie - City of New Orleans
54 Helen Reddy - Angie Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment