Rhythm Pop Pick 6

I can make these all day, I had so many favorites of this type. Mostly 80's new wave with a few outliers that meet my feeling of Rhythm Pop. So today's pick has a couple I want to talk about. First is the Dave Ball side project of English Boy On The Loveranch. Dave Ball from Soft Cell fame, he did several solo projects and worked with a bunch of people. I will have to post one of my family picks of his sometime in the future. Well this project only managed a couple of EP's or long singles, but they match perfectly for this series. Very danceable. Tin-Tin or Stephen Duffy had a few iterations of himself and each managed at least one good song that would fit in here. I liked Kiss Me a lot. BTW, he was a really nice guy. I met him and kinda just hung out. Good guy. I have to now mention the Blow Monkeys. On the air, the first time I played them, just for fun, I stretched out the name to Blooooooow Moooonkeeeeys! And for some reason it caught on. I would get requests every shift for them. So it became something attached to me. And if I didn't exaggerate the name, I would get calls, asking if I was okay. I am. A few more volumes and then it's done.

Rhythm Pop Pick 6

01 Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
02 Cure - Killing An Arab
03 Bauhaus - Harry
04 Squeeze - Tempted
05 Blow Monkeys - Digging Your Scene
06 Men At Work - Down Under
07 Hipsway - The Honeythief
08 Naked Eyes - Promises, Promises
09 Inxs - What You Need
10 ABC - The Look Of Love (Ultimix 12'' Inch Remix Extended)
11 Stephen Tin-Tin Duffy - Kiss Me
12 English Boy On The Loveranch - The Man In Your Life
13 Talk Talk - Talk Talk
14 New Order - Love Vigilantes
15 Le Tigre - Tko
16 Bronski Beat - Hit That Perfect Beat
17 Lene Lovich - New Toy
18 Spandau Ballet - Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment