Wild, Beautiful & Damned

Sometime in the early 80's I made this cassette. Which I re-did as a CD and then now as a playlist. The cassette had some weird scribbles of purple on the cover, which I tried to stay true to in redesigning the CD cover. There is no real theme to this and was just music I liked at the time. The Ultravox! song that I named the cassette after was particularly one of my favorites (being a Brian Eno production) and why I decided to make this pick in the first place. Most of it was stuff that was not being played on the radio. Well, obviously Beat It was played everywhere. But to me they all could co-exist together. I never understood why some of these tracks didn't get more popular. The Joe Jackson, the Tom Tom Club, the Visage tracks, for instance, and my favorite Depeche Mode song that I had on multiple 12" singles (all with different covers). Why weren't they major hits on every station. I can understand that the Ultravox! was an acquired taste. I don't pretend to know the answer. I just liked all of this.

Wild, Beautiful & Damned

01 B Movie - Moles
02 The Motels - Trust Me
03 Yoko Ono - Walking On Thin Ice
04 Ultravox! - The Wild, The Beautiful & The Damned
05 Spandau Ballet - Chant No 1 (I Don't Need This Pressure On)
06 Human League - I Love You Too Much
07 Was (Not Was) - Wheel Me Out
08 Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
09 Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
10 Tom Tom Club - Man With The Four-Way Hips
11 Michael Jackson - Beat It
12 Men At Work - Overkill
13 Depeche Mode - See You
14 Joe Jackson - Memphis
15 Visage - Frequency 7 (Dance Mix)
16 Illustration - Tidal Flow
17 Kate Bush - Sat In Your Lap
18 Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang
19 Tin Huey - I'm A Believer
20 REM - Radio Free Europe
21 Devo - Whip It
22 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Electricity

No comments:

Post a Comment