Awesome Downtime 1

This compilation series is from a guest, George Glass, who has the blog Groovy Library which I subscribe to. He posted a series on his site that I absolutely love, called Awesome Downtime. I'm sure he will have a ton more, but I asked him if we could post the first several on this site, too. So here is the first in the series. Normally I post either how I came up with the idea or the title, but I don't know any of that. I just know that I have been listening to it regularly since I first came across them (at yet another site- Butterboy). I will post the next several over the next few days. I did not change the cover, but did run the files through Platinum Notes and basically did what I say in my Prepare MP3 article. Rezipped it and posted it.

Here's what George wrote on his site about this series:
Note: Every selection is good to great in my books. All tracks (including the previous downtime comp) and any future downtime comps, I listen on various occasions be it in the bath, relaxing, or simply when I feel like it. I find relaxing music in all kinds of genres, and not just something you'd hear in a spa. I have nothing against the latter (I listen to it myself) but I want the comps to be more eclectic. I've found over the years several D&B (drum & bass) tracks that are also soothing. I specify them as smooth d&b. Yes, faster beats can be tranquil. Well, it works for me.

Awesome Downtime 1

01 Jive Ass Sleepers - Morning Coffee
02 Lurch - All Yours
03 Ingo Herrmann - Rivers
04 Mama Aiuto - Bell Tower
05 Brookes Brothers - Desert Island
06 Nightmares on Wax - Fire in the Middle
07 Flowrian - Going Downtown
08 Foxwood - Flowerbeds
09 Bcee - Hold On
10 Lovers Lane - Funky Bliss (Voodoo Lounge Mix)
11 Lemonsoul - Mother
12 Sleepless - Process
13 Snoozegod - Control
14 Koi. - Explorers
15 Thunderball - Golden
16 Füxa - Rainy Day Dream Away (instrumental version)

2 comments:

  1. Thx Pol. I'm still working on more comps but the great weather we're having is keeping them at bay. Anyway, I should mention this...

    All my files are clean, and (volume) normalized. They are also trimmed of excess silence and other quirks. The programs I use do not alter the lossy files whatsoever. Now that's the keyword there - lossy. When you work on any lossy file, it diminishes the quality on every alterations. I don't use audacity for any edits unless the files are wav or flac, never mp3 or any other lossy formats.

    Anyway, most would probably not hear any differences with your new "edits" unless you have a good soundcard and (good) headphones. Otherwise, those extra steps (platinum notes and other programs) with the original files would be superfluous. I wouldn't recommend it.

    Note: I run the decibels around 90, and not the usual default of 89. You still have the odd 'clipping' but rarely noticeable. I use 90 based on earlier digital transfers and the brickwalling that's still used today, when the ambience/background hiss is more noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I like Platinum Notes, for well prepared songs like these, it does little to nothing, but for tracks that need it, it beefs them up. Thanks for being a good curator

      Delete