Awesome Downtime 2

Part two of this great series by George Glass of the Groovy Library blog. As George says: Press play, sit back, relax, groove... And I have been doing that since I fist heard these comps. I said it yesterday and I will say it again, I rarely put other people's compilations up here, but I really wanted to for this series. It's George's Pick. I can't tell you much about why he picked these songs (maybe he'll comment and tell us why.) I don't know how he picks his covers. I just know I like them. I listen to this series probably more than I should. Hopefully you enjoy it too.

Awesome Downtime 2

01 David Rich - David's Sunrise
02 Vargo - Beauty
03 Marco Papetti - Save the Jazz
04 P.M. Dawn - Paper Doll (instrumental)
05 Weathertunes - Passion
06 Gyvus - Venice
07 Fly Project - Dry Gel
08 Synthetic Epiphany - Technicolor
09 Empty Spools - Always the Best Way to Learn
10 Fausto Trusso Sfrazzetto - Nascere
11 Keeno - Hold Ya
12 Klute - Property Is Theft
13 dpb - Tethys
14 Nine Inch Nails - 13 Ghosts II
15 Five Seasons - Cocktail
16 David Rich - David's Sunset

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again Pol. I truly appreciate that you're enjoying the series. To answer your questions...

    Why these songs? I think I've mentioned before but no problem to repeat - I love (yes, love) every single track in the comps. They must meet a certain criteria - an awesome and infectious melody and/or groove.

    The covers - it's just random. I don't even know the title until I have all the tracks set and ready.

    Note: I originally didn't plan to make this into a series (I think the plan was just for the first two comps). In hindsight, I wish I gave the first two comps appropriate titles. Anyway, starting from volume 5, the comps have been titled based on a track or two.

    ReplyDelete