Awesome Downtime 4

I'm continuing with the guest appearance of George Glass from Groovy Library. I really liked his Awesome Downtime series so I asked if he minded if I reposted them here. Luckily he said yes. Yesterday he explained how he came up with his pick and the name. Today you get no such luck, just my ramblings of how much I enjoy listening to these playlists. Especially when I want to relax. I hope you are enjoying them too.

Awesome Downtime 4

01 Trog'low - Gymnopedie
02 Lemon Jelly - Soft
03 Tafubar - The Wicked Thoughts of You (Pete Phunk Afternoon Rhodesmix)
04 Synthetic Epiphany - Effervescent
05 BCee - Lost & Found (Hybrid Minds remix)
06 Jive Ass Sleepers - Native Skyline
07 Ingo Herrmann - Garden Life
08 Nightmares on Wax - Morse
09 Snoozegod - Don't Rush What You Want to Last
10 Sleepless - Distant Dreams
11 Vargo - Awakening (original chorus mix)
12 LTJ Bukem - Rhodes to Freedom
13 Hall & Oates - One on One (Ji Ben Gong remix)
14 Café Chillout Music Club - Jubel (chill lounge mix)
15 Kondor - Peace Project (feat. Shea)
16 Gyvus - Tôzen

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about that Pol. I've been enjoying the great weather and not much time for online fun (I don't use a phone for online). So anyway, about the series...

    I've always enjoyed this style/genre/mode of music (downtempo, chill, trip-hop, nu-jazz, etc). When I posted the first comp, I needed a name and thought "Downtime" was fitting enough. Obviously the name was inspired by downtempo, combined with the moment we need to wind down from a stressful day. I suppose the name has been used before, and maybe it came up subconsciously. I however do want to stress that my origins of "Downtime" isn't necessarily the genres listed aforementioned. It could also be moving tracks from hard rock, soul-jazz, jazz-rock, etc, and drum and bass.

    I have a lot of 'downtime' music, and expect (hopefully) many more comps to come.

    ReplyDelete