Xmas Cookie 3 Pol's Pick

Number three in the series of Pol's Pick's for Christmas. This Xmas volume again has a version Mele Kalikimaka. I put one in whenever I can find a version. One of the first Christmas albums that I wore out was Bing Crosby's White Christmas which had that song on it. Since I, at the time, lived in Southern California where I never saw snow and they decorated palm trees, I immediately was drawn to the song. Still love it today, even though I don't see decorated palm trees at Christmas much anymore.  A couple of things about this volume. First it has one of the first "doubles". If you got the Christmas G volume, you'll notice the Gayla Peevey and Peter Alsop on there as well. Sorry, but I did this one first and later made the G rated one and realized that those songs had to be on the G volume. This one also has Kate Bush, one of my favorite artists of all time. And a bunch of really cool songs, including the Tryfles from a Midnight Xmas Mess compilation lp (I've never seen it on CD or MP3 before, so enjoy). Those are some great lp's so look for them. Notice the cover is another cookie and leave a comment and tell me what you liked. And yes, I know King Missle isn't "really" a Christmas song, but it fits so well anyway.

Xmas Cookie 3

01 King Missle - Jesus Was Way Cool
02 Peter Alsop - When Jesus Was A Kid
03 Kate Bush - Home For Christmas
04 Claudine Longet - I Don''t Intend To Spend Christmas Without You
05 Nina Hagen - Ave Maria
06 Sarah Taylor & Bill Mumy - I've Got Some Presents For Santa
07 Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
08 Corporal Blossom - White Christmas
09 Cocteau Twins - Frosty the Snowman
10 Shonen Knife - All I Want For Christmas
11 Duke Tumatoe - It's Christmas (Let's Have Sex)
12 Singing Dogs - Jingle Bells
13 Ivor Biggun - You Can't Have A Shag With A Snowman
14 Rita Faye Wilson - Sleigh Bells, Reindeer & Snow
15 Gayla Peevey - I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
16 The Little Stinkers - I Farted On Santa's Lap (Now Christmas Is Gonna Stink For Me)
17 Carolyn Mark - Song for the Girl With Two Of Everything
18 Cornell Hurd Band - It Gets Like This Every Christmas
19 Bette Midler - Mele Kalikimaka
20 Supremes - My Favorite Things
21 Spice Girls - Christmas Wrapping
22 Brian Setzer Orchestra - Take A Break Guys
23 Pandemonium - No Presents For Me
24 BIlly Idol - Yellin' At The Xmas Tree
25 Randy Bachman - Taking Care Of Christmas
26 Tryfles - Gloria (In Excelsis Deo)
27 Bob Rivers - Sled Zeppelin

No comments:

Post a Comment