Make Love Not War volume 4 (Hippie Music Connection)

The last one of this Make Love Not War series, so far. This Hippie What's The Connection? barely qualifies as a connection, but I do hope you enjoy a little insight into my brain. The other volumes are good, so check them out. I end the series (until I decide to add more) with Jimi's Star Spangled Banner which is appropriate, don't you think? click on the cover. Also make sure to comment with any "missing" tracks, now that you've seen all 89 of them so far. I guess eventually I will post all my Acid Rock picks.

Make Love Not War volume 4

70 The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
72 Beatles - All You Need Is Love
73 Country Joe & The Fish - The Fish Cheer & I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die Rag
74 Donovan - Mellow Yellow
75 The Fraternity Of Man - Don't Bogart That Joint
76 Joni Mitchell - Woodstock
77 Rolling Stones - We Love You
78 Tremeloes - Silence Is Golden
79 Quicksilver Messenger Service - Fresh Air
80 The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
81 Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today
82 Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
83 Rascals - People Got To Be Free
84 Beatles - Within You Without You
85 The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
86 Grateful Dead - Dark Star
87 The Band - The Weight
88 Guess Who - Share The Land
89 Jimi Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner

4 comments:

  1. Good series. I was amused by your classification of these as Hippie. Having lived thru this period I would think of many of these as just the pop music of the time, not specifically related to the hippie lifestyle. Don't take that as a complaint. The hippie movement was happening during that time and it's a convenient way to group things from that period. I learned a long time ago not to get too worked up about labeling. Labels change with time and perception. Also, as you know, there is much crossover and overlapping amongst genres. But good music is good music no matter how it's classified! Anyway, thank you for the 4 volumes of Hippie Music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I too think of it as both Hippie and pop music, but you're right it's easy to classify it as such. Wait for the Paisley comps, they crossover as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm exploring your blog and I really agree it's a good series, fits me well with the "Paisley Pick" series too. Lucky for me to have found your blog with the help of BB's of course! Thanks Pol Inate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I found BB's site, too. I found so many cool people and amazing comps

      Delete