Xmas Cookie 1 Pol's Pick

I love Christmas. And I love Christmas songs. Especially the more unusual ones. It's just one of those things I collect. I started making Xmas cassettes years ago. Designing covers and giving them to family and friends . The Xmas Cookie Pol's Pick series is a copy of the first CD's I made following all of that. I hope you enjoy some of these, are offended by at least a few and hopefully there's one that you have never heard before that you end up loving like I did in this series. I'll post a few of them over the next couple of days until Christmas. I'm guessing that a few of these have not yet been in your regular Christmas song list. Unless you worked at Digi-Design when they first got started, you won't recognize, Hieronymous Johnson, for instance. He went by several names and bands in the Silicon Valley Bay Area. Some are obvious hits from the time. Enjoy them all. I especially love the Swamp Zombies, Romy and Conch because they nailed it. And the Fluf, Deadbolt and Steve Poltz are perfect for the Grinches in your life. BTW, none of these in the series is completely SAFE for work or kids, so please listen first. I love the plain cover, too.

Xmas Cookie 1

01 Christina Aguilera - The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
02 Spice Girls - Sleigh Ride
03 Yello - Jingle Bells (Santa Club Mix)
04 Orquesta De La Luz - White Christmas (Navidades Blancas)
05 Fleming and John - Winter Wonderland-Misty Mountain Top
06 Bobby Lloyd and the Skeletones - Do You Hear What I Hear - You Really Got Me
07 Jimi Hendrix - Little Drummer Boy-Silent Night - Auld Lang Syne
08 The Hollytones - Christmas Is Coming Twice This Year
09 Toby Keith - Santa I'm Right Here
10 Poi Dog Pondering - Mele Kalikimaka
11 Christoph and Paul Rice - Nick's Early Years
12 Romy Kaye & Christina "Conch" Chabalaba - My Man
13 Burl Ives - A Holly Jolly Christmas
14 Stan Francis - Jingle, Jingle, Jingle
15 Swamp Zombies - Mr. Heat Miser
16 Sloppy Seconds - Hooray For Santa Claus
17 Jim Carey - You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch
18 Fluf - Merry Christmas N' Shit
19 Hieronymous Johnson - Christmas, Sir, Is A Humbug
20 Deadbolt - I'm The One Who Gunned Santa Down
21 Steve Poltz-The Rugburns - I Hate Fucking Christmas
22 The Rugburns - Shoplifters Dance
23 Erik Lindgren - A Special Personalized Christmas Greeting To You From All The Retailers Of America

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pol.
    Here I am, after your invitation in Butterboy's blog.I see that it's a very nice blog and you like thematic compilations, just like I do. Leave the door open, because I'll be back.
    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you came by! The door is always open! Btw, I like your site as well: (https://daydreamersmusicworld.blogspot.com/ for those who haven't seen it yet)

      Delete