What's The Connection? Lovers 1

This all started from the Chic Family Pick and being limited on songs from Chic. That led to yesterday's Forbidden Loves connection. And while putting that one together I really wanted to use both Chic and a song by the Egyptian Lover in one comp. So this one came about. A few other artists on here that I really, really like. The Fall, Philip Bailey, Dean Martin, Cheap Trick. But let me talk about DuJour. Not a real band (check out Fake Bands) but I still crack up when I hear them. Josie and the Pussycats was an ok movie, but the soundtrack was good. I liked it a lot. The other band on here that deserves more accolades is Johnny Guitar Watson. I once made a good compilation of my favorite songs by him, one day I will post it. But everytime I listen to his songs, I am struck by his guitar. Just listen to this track. Wow!

What's The Connection? Lovers 1

01 Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
02 Chicago - No Tell Lover
03 Johnny Guitar Watson - Superman Lover
04 Jimi Hendrix - Little Miss Lover
05 Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
06 Bauhaus - Passion Of Lovers
07 Taylor Swift - Lover
08 Chic - My Forbidden Lover
09 Atlanta Rhythm Section - Imaginary Lover
10 DuJour - Backdoor lover
11 Dean Martin - There's My Lover
12 Marc Almond - A Lover Spurned
13 The Egyptian Lover - The Lover
14 The Fall - An Older Lover
15 Echo & The Bunnymen - Lovers On The Run
16 Philip Bailey With Phil Collins - Easy Lover
17 Mary Macgregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
18 Marti Brom & Her Barnshakers - No Good Lover
19 Cheap Trick - World's Greatest Lover

4 comments:

  1. Thanks!

    I like Johnny Guitar Watson a lot (especially, as you're indicating, his really tasty guitar work). I also have a soft spot
    for a French band called Dogs. Their heyday would have been
    back in the 80s, which is when this additional "lovers" song (and
    album) came out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkDmj-uZ_k4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know the Dogs before, but I do now. They're quite good! I just got five of their albums. All good. I had to get 1982 with Sandy Sandy (since that's my wife's name) but some very cool songs: Too Much Class, Forgotten French Boy, A Different Me, etc

      Delete