What's The Connection? Phone

This was one of the easiest Connections for me to make. I knew these songs pretty much all of them right off the top of my head. I know there are other choices (especially where's Blondie's version of Call Me) but these are the ones I was concentrating on then. As you can tell a mish mash of genres and styles, but all songs I had been wanting to put on a compilation. I don't think this was that far off the release of the Fall release and I was enjoying it. Melon is  one of those bands that I wish more people knew about (this track features a member or two from the B-52's). Anyway I love all these songs (even the Village People). I hope you like this too.

What's The Connection? Phone

01 Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
02 Heatwave - All You Do Is Dial
03 Nancy Sinatra - Call Me
04 Kraftwerk - The Telephone Call
05 Village People - Sex Over The Phone
06 Coldcut - My Telephone
07 The Fall - Telephone Thing
08 Pete Shelley - Telephone Operator
09 Blondie - Hanging On The Telephone
10 The Pretenders - The Phone Call
11 X - Your Phone's Off The Hook, But You're Not
12 Wall Of Voodoo - Call Box
13 Melon - I Will Call You (And Other Famous Last Words)
14 The Faint - Phone Call
15 Suzanne Fellini - Love On The Phone
16 Sheena Easton - Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)
17 Swingerhead - Pick Up the Phone
18 The Box Tops - Call Me
19 The Beach Boys - Had To Phone Ya
20 Albert King - Phone Booth
21 Meri Wilson - Telephone Man
22 Manhattan Transfer - Operator

No comments:

Post a Comment