What's The Connection? Jones

This was a fun one to make. Started with Billy Paul and Kool & The Gang. Always liked those songs. Some of the new wave songs always brought me back to those two. And I got reminded again when I saw the Amy Winehouse biography. So it wasn't too hard to find a bunch of covers and there are several good ones, but I left the bulk of them out of this Connection. I must say I do like the Michael Buble version, even though I left it out with the rest. Billy Paul will have to do. So a variety of songs and all with Jones in the title. I made the cover from a still from the movie Keeping Up With The Joneses which is pretty darn good. And this scene is perfect. All four of the principles are good together and I cracked up when I saw it. Although you would think that maybe Little Feat, The Surf or Johnny Paycheck might have been used in the film, but they weren't as far as I remember.  So enjoy this and let me know if you know of any more that fit the connection, so I can make a second volume.

What's The Connection? Jones

01 Gloria Gaynor - The Story Of The Joneses
02 Amy Winehouse - Me & Mr.Jones
03 Kool & The Gang - Jones Vs. Jones
04 Mavericks - Mr. Jones
05 Steve Howe - Mr. Jones
06 Billy Paul - Me and Mrs. Jones
07 Johnny Paycheck - Keeping Up With The Joneses
08 Talking Heads - Mr. Jones
09 The Grass Roots - Mr. Jones (Ballad Of A Thin Man)
10 Ramsey Lewis - Hey, Mrs. Jones
11 Johnny Guitar Watson - Forget The Joneses
12 The Surf - Keeping Up With The Jones's
13 Circle Jerks - Mrs. Jones
14 Ocean Colour Scene - Mrs Jones
15 Floor - Trusting Mr. Jones
16 Jeannie C. Riley - Ex-Mrs Jones
17 Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
18 Little Feat - Keepin' Up With The Joneses
19 Lords Of Acid - She And Mr. Jones (Uncensored Version)
20 Psychedelic Furs - Mr. Jones
21 Enuff Z'nuff - Mr. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment