Stax Of Wax

This Pol's Pick is along the lines of the Philly Steak, Taking It Back (yesterday), Fauxtown volumes I have already posted. but obviously all about Stax records. Different sounding R&B from all around the same time frames. Lots of hits and all with their distinctive sound. I really love the sounds of the Mar-Keys and Booker T and the MG's. But Isaac Hayes is my guy. I watched enough Blaxploitation to really get him. Look up his story because it is very interesting. This is not the place for a wiki entry. Just suffice it to say that I liked all this stuff since I first heard any of it. Remember, it is impossible to sum up an entire record company based on just  twenty or so songs. Go search for more. There is so much! BTW, I love the cover I made, butter and syrup on a stack.

Stax Of Wax

01 The Emotions - So I Can Love You
02 Linda Lyndell - What A Man
03 Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz (Look At His Eyes)
04 Little Milton - That's What Love Will Make You Do
05 Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign
06 Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
07 Wendy Rene - After Laughter (Comes Tears)
08 Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
09 Judy Clay & William Bell - Private Number
10 Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
11 Otis Redding And Carla Thomas - Tramp
12 Wilson Pickett - In The Midnight Hour
13 Sam & Dave - Soul Man
14 Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
15 Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog
16 Bar-Kays - Soul Finger
17 The Temprees - Dedicated To The One I Love
18 Isaac Hayes - Theme from Shaft
19 The Mar-Keys - Last Night
20 The Soul Children - The Sweeter He Is
21 Booker T. And The MG's - Green Onions
22 Dramatics - In the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment