Taking It Back 2

A continuation of the Taking It Back pick. This was designed to have at hand my favorite picks for a gig to do a set of "Motownish" R&B. Some slow, some fast but all recognizable songs that would get people on the dancefloor. It didn't matter if it was from Detroit or not, but just had to have that feeling of get up and dance. Frankly a lot of that came from Motown. I added one Big Daddy track which fits in with the theme. I was surprised how many people would come up to me and say, "I didn't know that U2 covered that song." Which, of course, they didn't, since they wrote it. Same cover and track numbering continues from the last one. Next volume tomorrow.

Taking It Back 2

27 The Temptations - My Girl
28 Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes of the Brokenhearted
29 Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
30 Ray Charles - You Are My Sunshine
31 Brenton Wood - The Oogum Boogum Song
32 Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
33 Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San José
34 Diana Ross & The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
35 The Miracles - Shop Around
36 Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
37 The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
38 Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
39 Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
40 Gladys Knight and the Pips - You Need Love Like I Do (Don't You)
41 The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
42 Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
43 Aretha Franklin - Respect
44 Diana Ross & The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
45 Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
46 O'Jays - Love Train
47 Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
48 Supremes - Come See About Me
49 Junior Walker And The All Stars - Pucker Up Buttercup
50 Big Daddy - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
51 Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
52 Isley Brothers - Shout (Part 1 & 2)
53 The Marvelettes - Beechwood 4-5789

No comments:

Post a Comment