Taking It Back 3

It continues with volume three of this Pol's Pick of R&B. No novelty/parody songs on this compilation, just more danceable R&B. I do notice that some of these tracks would not be out of place on a Northern Soul compilation, but I assure you that was not the inspiration. I really didn't know about Northern Soul until later. I just knew songs I liked and that people liked to dance to. Gloria Jones Tainted Love, for instance, I knew because of Soft Cell. I looked for the original and found a clear vinyl 12" single of the song and thought it was cool. Anyway, this is the last of the Taking It Back volumes. Go look for the Stax (tomorrow), Fauxtown and Philly oriented versions that kinda go hand in hand with these. As usual, leave a comment about songs you would have used in here. Love to see that kind of stuff.

Taking It Back 3

54 Tina Britt - The Real Thing
55 Smokey Robinson And The Miracles - I Second That Emotion
56 Soulsister - The Way To Your Heart
57 Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - You're All I Need To Get By
58 Gladys Knight & The Pips - Everybody Needs Love
59 Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
60 Jr. Walker & The All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
61 The Marvelettes - When You're Young And In Love
62 Miracles - You've Really Got A Hold On Me
63 Love Affair - Everlasting Love
64 Four Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving
65 The Spinners - Working My Way Back To You
66 Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
67 The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
68 The Ronettes - Be My Baby
69 Martha Starr - Love Is The Only Solution
70 Martha and the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
71 The Sapphires - Gotta Have Your Love
72 Denise Lasalle - Trapped By A Thing Called Love
73 The Chiffons - He's So Fine
74 Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - It Takes Two
75 The Velvelettes - Needle in a Haystack
76 Gloria Jones - Tainted Love

No comments:

Post a Comment