Taking It Back 1

This started as a CD to bring to DJ gigs when I wanted to play an oldies R&B set or Motown. And much of it is Motown or Motown influenced, but I didn't limit this pick to Detroit. Any good danceable song with that kind of feel was good. So Stax and Philly etc were not excluded. Nor were more recent songs, like parody band Big Daddy or other bands such as Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings. I just wanted to be able to grab a CD and know I could play pretty much any track and be okay. It eventually became volume 2 and 3 (which I will post later). But these are all songs, that I would dance to in a set like this. Hopefully you aren't too critical of the choices and that you give me some good suggestions for what you would add. Especially newer tracks that would fit in. The title is sort of the cliche DJ phrase, so I used it.

Taking It Back 1

01 Carla Thomas - B-A-B-Y
02 Mary Wells - My Guy
03 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - The Love I Lost (Part 1)
04 Solomon Burke - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
05 Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Parts I & II)
06 Martha & The Vandellas - (Love Is Like A) Heatwave
07 Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite (The Finest Girl You Ever Want To Meet)
08 Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - Just Dropped in (to See What Condition My Condition Was In)
09 Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street - Express Yourself
10 Jackson 5 - ABC
11 Big Daddy - Hold On
12 The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
13 Eddie Floyd - Knock on Wood
14 Sam & Dave - Hold On! I'm Comin'
15 Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is
16 Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
17 The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
18 The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
19 Junior Walker and the All Stars - Shotgun
20 The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
21 Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - The Tears Of A Clown
22 Diana Ross & The Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
23 The Miracles - Going To A Go-Go
24 The Temptations - Get Ready
25 Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
26 Diana Ross & The Supremes - Baby Love

No comments:

Post a Comment