What's The Connection? Boots 2

This continuation of the Boots Connection has several versions of one song: These Boots Are Made For Walking. I know it as a Lee Hazlewood song that Nancy Sinatra made famous. There are probably hundreds of versions of this song, but I picked from the ones I have. Obviously not all of them. There are a couple I really like. One being the British Electric Foundation with Paula Yates. Paula was married to Bob Geldoff (who you should know) and also had affairs with Michael Hutchence (INXS) and Terrence Trent D'Arby and Rupert Everett. I guess she got around. I don't care but she had a tragic life and death. I only wish she would have sang on more songs. I love her version of this. I am not from the UK so I never watched her show on the Tube. So that was never impressive to me. I also like the Bay Area band Big Hair. Unfortunately they didn't record much. One of their spin offs was Whistling Bullets and they recorded a little and it was good. Old or new, sweet or raunchy, this song is pretty darn good. Notice, no Nancy (get that from two days ago Boots WTC).

What's The Connection? Boots 2

23 Geri Halliwell - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
24 French Affair - My Boots Are Made For Walking
25 Loretta Lynn - These Boots Are Made For Walking
26 KMFDM - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
27 The Coconutz - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
28 The Ventures - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
29 The Supremes - These Boots Are Made For Walking
30 Billy Ray Cyrus - These Boots Are Made For Walking
31 Mrs. Miller - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
32 Jessica Simpson - These Boots Are Made For Walking
33 British Electric Foundation featuring Paula Yates - These Boots Are Made For Walking
34 David Byrne - These Boots Are Made For Walkin' (Solo Acoustic Version)
35 Teddy & Darrel - These Boots Are Made For Walking
36 Big Hair - Boots-12th Street Blues
37 Too Slim & The Taildraggers - These Boots Are Made For Walking
38 Javier Alvarez - These Boots Are Made For Walking
39 Pure Hell - These Boots Are Made For Walking
40 Beau Brummels - These Boots Are Made For Walking
41 Rose & The Heavenly Tones - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
42 The Meteors - These Boots Are Made For Walking
43 Megadeth - These Boots (Censored)
44 Crispin Hellion Glover - These Boots Are Made For Walking
45 Robert Gordon - These Boots Are Made For Walking
46 The Fixx - These Boots are Made for Walkin'
47 Lee Hazlewood - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
48 Barry Adamson - These Boots Are Made For Walking

2 comments: